We’ve all been there.
Sprawled out on the dentist’s chair, staring up into a bright light, mouth hanging open… only to receive the bad news that you have gum disease.
It’s embarrassing - especially when we feel like we’ve done all the right things to take care of our oral hygiene.
Thankfully, in most instances gum disease can be improved with modifications to your habits at home.
How Does Gum Disease Start?
For the most part, when you have poor oral hygiene, you become at risk of developing gum disease.
- Not brushing your teeth at the recommend minimum of twice daily
- Not regularly flossing
- Missing spots when brushing
- Committing to bad habits, like smoking
Any of these factors will allow bacteria to build up on your gums, infecting the tissue and causing it to rot.
The Causes of Gum Disease
Gum Disease can be caused by a variety of factors, some through no fault of your own. It can actually be caused by a range of different things, including:
- A lack of regular brushing and flossing
- Some Drugs
While some of these are habits that, once broken or begun, could improve your gum disease - others are out of your control.
How to Support Gum Health at Home
Luckily, there are a few ways you can support gum health, regardless of the cause.
- Firstly, if you’re not doing so already, dedicate yourself to a regular daily brushing and flossing routine.
- Secondly, you should also consider adding mouthwash into your daily routine as this can help eradicate the presence of harmful bacteria.
- Finally, purchase some probiotics for dental health that will help crowd out the bad bacteria and repopulate the mouth with healthy bacteria.
It’s really that simple.
Can Oral Probiotics Support Gum Health?
They can help you make significant progress, alongside a regular brushing and flossing routine in reducing the damage done to your gums over time.
By taking them daily, you can increase the number of positive bacteria in your mouth - to help crowd out the bad bacteria in a convenient and affordable manner.
How Long Does it Take for Oral Probiotics to Support Gum Health?
Probiotics for gum health can either be taken:
- As a preventative measure before you’ve developed any problems.
- After you’ve been diagnosed, to help support the health of the mouth.
You’ll need to take them consistently for about 2-3 weeks before you start seeing any benefits.
The Best Oral Probiotics for Supporting Gum Health
When your dentist informs you that you need to look after your gums, you’ll want to make changes as quickly as possible.
Thankfully, there are some great oral probiotics for supporting gum health, including the ones from BLIS Probiotics.
You could try any over-the-counter vitamins that support oral health, but, in order to give yourself the best chance at success…
You need BLIS Toothguard.
Contact us today to find out more about our dental health oral probiotics. We ship orders all over New Zealand and the world.